You can make the difference in someone's life by teaching children the values of teamwork and sportmanship in youth basketball, mentoring teenagers through college and career placement, by giving active older adults a place to call home, or any of our other numerous volunteer opportunities.
As a volunteer at the YMCA of Greater New Orleans, you help us strengthen the foundations of our community by increasing accessibility, inspiring healthy living and bringing about bigger and brighter achievements.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y's efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Become a part of the YMCA movement by getting involved. You can make a difference.